Happy December! This holiday season feels a lot more festive than last year – so many fun events scheduled. I’m mapping out my outfits and wanted to share five different looks for different kinds of holiday parties. Everything from casual, to glam, to glam pajamas! Something for everyone and every event.
A big trend I’m noticing this fall is split hem pants. They’re everywhere right now from faux leather, to leggings to denim. They’re so flattering and really elongate your legs. While I’ve mostly been seeing this trend done with black, other colors are also coming out to play. I’ve put together a round up below of 12 different pairs in different price points and materials – and most are under $100.
The last time I had anywhere to wear a cocktail dress was the weekend before the world shut down in 2020. There seemed to be a lot more of those occasions in the pre-COVID days. Now that it’s been over a year and a half I’m a little rusty when it comes to shopping for party dresses but have a couple events on the calendar this fall (COVID willing) and started to peek around to see what I could find.
I can’t believe we’re already one week into July! I’m still playing catch up from the holiday weekend – does the laundry ever end?! I know the rest of the summer is going to FLY by so I’m trying to soak it all in. Sharing my top five sellers from June today. A couple duplicates from last month as well as some new additions.
Rainbow Mesh Sweater – This sweater was such a hit. It has the fun rainbow colored stripes and since it’s mesh it’s a great summer sweater! You can layer a cami or even a swimsuit under for a fun look.
Crochet Coverup Shorts – When I spotted these I knew I had to have them. They’re so comfortable and perfect to throw over a swimsuit for the beach or pool.
Agolde Parker Shorts – My all time favorite denim shorts. These are wildly popular and for good reason! They’re high-wasited, comfy and so flattering. I wear them several times a week.
Beige Outdoor Rug – We’ve had this rug for over a year now and love how it brightens up the living space on our cement patio. It has held up pretty well, but we stored it away for the winter/rainy times to keep it protected.
Happy May! I was making an appointment today for “the end of May” and I realized we’re already in May and it blew my mind. This year is going by even faster than normal but I guess that’s what happens as you get older. I’m currently trying to map out our summer, mainly Crosby’s activity calendar, and can’t believe it’s right around the corner. Today I want to share my top five sellers from April.
Forever 21 Quilted Jacket – I purchased this in black at the end of March and then it sold out. They brought it back in April in a few pretty spring colors and every time I mentioned it I saw how quickly they were selling. It’s super soft (like a heavier sweatshirt), comfy, warm and looks like a much more expensive version. They’re running a promo right now – 25% off when you spend $85+ with code BMSM25 // 20% off when you spend $60 with code BMSM20 // 10% off when you spend $50 with code BMSM10
Seagrass Glasses – I purchased these last year and used them so much. They’re glass but I love them for outdoor. The seagrass part comes off making them easy to wash. They also come in a low ball version.
Agolde Jamie Jeans – One of my favorite pairs of distressed jeans that seem to get better with wear. I’ve had these for a few years now and wear them all the time. They’re more of a splurge but Agolde is one of my favorite denim brands – plus I wear them all the time which makes the cost per wear much lower.
Abercrombie Crochet Square Neck Tank – Love this for spring and summer. The square neckline is on trend and the crochet is so pretty. It’s lined almost all the way to the bottom so you don’t have to worry about it being see through.
We’ve almost made it to my favorite season, spring! I don’t know about you but I’d be good with about two weeks of winter a year. Luckily we don’t have severe or long winters but by March I’m always ready for sunshine and warm weather. Here are my top five sellers from February.
1. Faux Fur Slides – I purchased these last month and included them in my February staples. I loved them because they reminded me of my favorite slippers I wear around the house but they have a rubber sole and can be worn outside. I’m actually surprised with how much I’ve worn them so far. I love that they keep your feet a little warmer than most sandals. They’re super cute, under $30 and come in a few other colors.
2. U-neck Tank – I think there’s only been one of two months this tank hasn’t been a top seller since last May! That’s how you know it’s good. I have it in all three colors and wear them all year long. They’re a great length, tuck in easily and are perfect to layer when it’s colder.
3. Tan Shacket – Another February staple and currently my most reached for jacket. Love how neutral it is and the price point is great too. It’s selling out fast but I also love the blush version. I went with my true size, but if you don’t want it to be oversized I’d size down.
4. Egg Chair – After lusting after this chair for over two years I finally pulled the trigger and I’m so happy about it. We haven’t gotten to use it too much yet since it’s still winter, but I know it will be even better when it’s warm. I purchased this cover for it and currently keep it covered unless we’re sitting in it. In the summer I’ll leave it uncovered.
5. Vegan Leather Puffer – I snagged this jacket on sale at the end of January to get me through winter. It’s really warm and comfy and I love that it’s slightly cropped – not short but not oversized. I’ll continue to wear it when it’s cold.
I'm Ashley, a professional stylist, wife, and new mom, sharing my love of fashion, beauty, home decor, travel, and life in sunny Southern California!