I’ve been wearing my favorite cardigan, which is really more of a coatigan (coat + cardigan) weekly since early Fall. I love the fit and structure of it and it’s a nice layer on a cooler day but works basically all year – in Southern California, at least. It comes in a few different neutral colors – I have it in both camel and gray, but wear the camel colored one a little more. It’s often on sale – right now it’s 15% off with code EXTRA. I wanted to share five different ways I’ve been wearing it this spring.
Now that it’s mid-March I’m ready for the weather to warm up and to wear all my favorite spring things! I love the shift of seasons and the start of spring is always one of my favorites. Lately I’ve been going through my closet, purging what I no longer wear and trying to take note of any gaps to fill. I recently went through my sandals and wanted to share some spring trends I’m loving right now.
I got this studded strappy pair last spring and have worn them a ton. They’re comfortable and go with everything – sundresses, shorts, jeans, etc. They’re back again this year and I’m also loving this slide version.
Designer inspired slides
I’ve had this style of shoes for the past 4 years and always go back to them. I recently picked up a white pair and wore them quite a bit in the desert a few weeks ago. They’re neutral, comfortable and go with so much. They also come in black and tan.
We’ve almost made it to my favorite season, spring! I don’t know about you but I’d be good with about two weeks of winter a year. Luckily we don’t have severe or long winters but by March I’m always ready for sunshine and warm weather. Here are my top five sellers from February.
1. Faux Fur Slides – I purchased these last month and included them in my February staples. I loved them because they reminded me of my favorite slippers I wear around the house but they have a rubber sole and can be worn outside. I’m actually surprised with how much I’ve worn them so far. I love that they keep your feet a little warmer than most sandals. They’re super cute, under $30 and come in a few other colors.
2. U-neck Tank – I think there’s only been one of two months this tank hasn’t been a top seller since last May! That’s how you know it’s good. I have it in all three colors and wear them all year long. They’re a great length, tuck in easily and are perfect to layer when it’s colder.
3. Tan Shacket – Another February staple and currently my most reached for jacket. Love how neutral it is and the price point is great too. It’s selling out fast but I also love the blush version. I went with my true size, but if you don’t want it to be oversized I’d size down.
4. Egg Chair – After lusting after this chair for over two years I finally pulled the trigger and I’m so happy about it. We haven’t gotten to use it too much yet since it’s still winter, but I know it will be even better when it’s warm. I purchased this cover for it and currently keep it covered unless we’re sitting in it. In the summer I’ll leave it uncovered.
5. Vegan Leather Puffer – I snagged this jacket on sale at the end of January to get me through winter. It’s really warm and comfy and I love that it’s slightly cropped – not short but not oversized. I’ll continue to wear it when it’s cold.
This week I’m highlighting the tan shacket in my staple series and I’m styling it five ways. Well, technically six if you count the pic above from when I first tried it on. This is such a versatile piece that I know I will continue to wear so many different ways. It’s not super heavy duty and more of a layer than an actual jacket, but it works for Southern California winter and could be made warmer with a thicker sweater worn under. Sizing note, it has a comfy oversized fit. If you want it to be more fitted I would suggest sizing down. I went with my normal size and it is definitely on the bigger side, but it’s super comfy to layer.
shacket, cropped tshirt, leggings, slides
Happy February! We made it through January, which arguably always feels like the longest month of the year. I don’t know about you, but I am so ready for warmer weather. I know I live in Southern California and can’t really complain too much about a frigid winter, but spring sounds really nice right now. Keeping two toddlers inside when it’s rainy/cold/windy is not an easy job. My hat goes off to everyone who has to do it in colder climates. Anyway, today I’m sharing February’s wardrobe staples.
I picked out 4 pieces this month that make the perfect neutral outfit. Can you tell I’m really into beige right now? I’ve had these jeans for several months now and continue to wear them regularly. I love that they come in regular and ankle lengths. I have went with the ankle and still cut them to be a little shorter. Plus I love a raw hemline.
I purchased this pullover on sale several weeks ago and could not love it more. I have it in cream, but it comes in tons of other colors too. It’s on sale here and the cream color is fully stocked in all sizes. If you’re after more colors, it’s available on the Free People site as well – it’s just not on sale. I went with my normal size – it’s a little roomy and loose but not long if that makes sense.
You know I’m all about shackets right now… ie shirt + jacket. When I spotted this beige one I added it to my cart so fast. It will literally go with everything. It has a comfy oversized fit (I stuck to my normal size) and it’s not a thick or bulky jacket – perfect to transition to spring.
These slides are another new addition in my current favorite color. I wear my slippers so much inside I was looking for a similar pair I could wear out and about, once it gets warmer of course. These are a great price but run a little small. They’re only available in whole sizes so I went up half a size and they fit perfectly.
I can’t believe the year is halfway over! June seemed to fly by even fast than the past few months. June’s top sellers were clothing, baby products and baby clothes – no home items I think for the first time.
Let’s get to it!
For the second month in a row this was my top seller. It’s still my most worn top (I have it in 3 colors). It sells out often but they’ve restocked it a few times so keep checking if you want to snag one.
We’ve had Crosby in this convertible car seat for almost two years and just graduated Wilder to it as well. It’s really well made, comfortable and easy to get them in and out of. I have them both rear facing and sitting side by side.
I love these sandals! They’re so fun for summer and seem to go with everything. I have them in clear but they come in a few other colors and are pretty comfortable.
I bought these in the middle of June and have worn them several times already. They’re an excellent price point (currently on sale!), high-waisted, comfortable and come in a few other colors too. I was on a quest to find some everyday shorts that were different from my denim cutoffs and have been so happy with these.
I bought this for Wilder to wear on the 4th of July (with this matching dress for Crosby) and shared on my IG stories. It was a big hit and pretty much sold out. I can’t resist matching outfits for siblings – and will take advantage of it until they won’t do it anymore.
Hope you had a safe and happy 4th of July – thank you so much for reading and following!
I'm Ashley, a professional stylist, wife, and new mom, sharing my love of fashion, beauty, home decor, travel, and life in sunny Southern California!