Over the years my hair has taken quite a beating. I used to bleach the crap out of it in high school and college. For some reason I thought since I was a “natural” blonde I needed to be platinum. Ugh. Then came the days of frying my naturally stick straight hair with a hair straightener… I’m still not sure why I thought it needed to be even straighter than it air dries.
Happy Tuesday! For the past few months I’ve been getting my hair cut and colored at Sassoon Salon (you can read about my experiences here and here). Creative director Edward Tedeschi has been cutting my hair and salon and color director Adriana Harrison has been coloring it and I can honestly say my hair has never looked better… they put together this kit with some of my favorite hair products.
Managing my hair has been a learning process over several years. I have a lot of fine stick-straight hair that gets extremely tangled when it’s wet. It’s a true test of patience and I always feel bad for my hairstylist after a shampoo. This brush has been my savor since my bestie Shelby introduced me to it. Once it dries it’s more manageable but can still be a little tangled and fall flat if I just let it go.
I feel like I enlist a small army to get it just the way I like. Let’s start from the top…
- I was recently introduced to this shampoo after receiving it in a gift bag and it’s a miracle worker. It’s more than I normally spend for shampoo but I plan on buying the full size bottle.
- A good conditioner is key for someone who has such tangled hair, this one has been on heavy rotation for years and I love how nourished and silky it makes my hair feel.
- Once I’m out of the shower a detangler is essential in order to even get the wet brush through my locks. Once again It’s a 10 products come to my rescue. I’m currently using the blonde miracle leave-in, but I’ve tried them all. I love this one that has Keratin for extra hair health.
- Because my hair is straight, I like to let it air dry if I have the time. I try to do as little heat styling as possible in order to keep it healthy.
- Once it’s dry I like to add waves, but first I use this to prep and protect. This curling iron is everything. I don’t know what I did before I had it. I wrap my hair around the rod without using the clamp and don’t section it off for a more tousled beachy waves look. I finish with this and sometimes I spray in a little hair spray.
- I try to only wash my hair a few times a week so in between I am dependent on dry shampoo. This one is my favorite at the moment.
- Once I week I like to deep condition my hair… before I was it I apply this to the ends. I leave it on for a few hours and then shower and wash my hair normally.
shop my whole hair cabinet below…
I'm Ashley, a professional stylist, wife, and new mom, sharing my love of fashion, beauty, home decor, travel, and life in sunny Southern California!